Siemens Warehouse Worker in Irving, Texas
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 224113
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics currently has 1st and 2nd Shift openings for Warehouse Workers in our DFW Airport location. The Warehouse Workers will involve general warehouse assignments to include, but not limited to, moving product into appropriate slotting within the warehouse. This position will be responsible for receiving, storing, inventorying, identifying, picking, packing and shipping products, materials, tools, supplies, equipment and parts. These are Full Time positions with access to a comprehensive Benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and more.
• Performs duties to load, unload and move raw material, finished parts and supplies within the plant
• Verifies truck contents to ensure conformance with shipping documents
• Selects appropriate processes from clearly documented rules, past practices, or instruction
• Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor
• Maintains neat and orderly work areas and observe safety rules and practices
• Perform all daily tasks in a safe manner
• Efficiently operate a stand-up fork truck in high traffic areas and in narrow aisles
• Use a computer to enter and obtain material information and document all transactions in SAP
• Have great attention to detail while working to a deadline
• Have a positive attitude, work well with others, and implement constructive criticism
• Utilize 5S and LEAN principles to ensure their work is being completed as efficiently as possible
• Must be able to work 1st and 2nd shift and be available for overtime on weekdays and weekends (2nd Shift is eligible for 5% Shift premium)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED
Experience with SAP preferred
Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• At least one year of experience in a manufacturing/construction or similar environment (or commensurate education)
• Must have experience operating forklift, walkie rider, or other warehouse equipment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs several times per hour
• Must be able to read numbers and process in sequential order
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .