Siemens Training Manager in Irving, Texas
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 225550
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal Parcel and Airport Logistic LLC (PPAL) is seeking an experienced Training Manager for our Customer Service Group. This position will formulate, develop and implement the training and development strategy and associated programs within the Customer Service Group to meet the needs and growth of the business. Serve as the functional leader for training development and delivery within the group in collaboration with the Manager of Technical Services at Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics (SPPAL). Design and manage multiple performance-based training programs and content projects, with detailed delivery methods, scope, and timelines. Working with stakeholders to identify business needs. Conduct gaps and needs analysis as needed to further enhance the services provided to our customers.
Objectives: including but not limited to:
• Deliver high quality training of all SPPAL products to customers, both internal and external
• Develop, improve and adjust training to meet the needs of the customers, both internal and external
• Develop and maintain a library of training material updated and available to the customers
• Continuously develop and refine training program to ensure industry leading material and presentation. This will allow SPPAL to lead the way providing customer excellence
• Schedule and coordinate training for both internal and external customers. Coordinates all requirements for customer based training, including release management training
• Assist sales with Specialized training and subject matter expertise to provide programs of local scope to solve specific problems
• Analyze, prioritize and solve needs of special training and problem solving for incidents and issues raised during our internal communications within the business unit.
• Ensure customer satisfaction targets are exceeded as it relates to training
• Support Technical Services by functioning as a valued partner to our customers and business units
• Develop technical training curriculum material for both instructor-led and e-learning
• Maintain knowledge and proficiency in adult learning techniques and methods
• Maintain records and revisions, and review assessment feedback to improved training quality as part of the process of continuous improvement
• Deliver professional technical training in classroom, on location, conference call, workshops or one / one coaching sessions in a professional and engaging manner
• Supports Operations Team during transition of new Operations and Maintenance contracts
• Supports Safety Team in delivering site specific safety training
• Leverages influencing capabilities to drive training and development activities across business units; utilizing common approaches and resources where possible for both internal and external customers
Skills / Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in instructional Design, English, Communications, Business or equivalent experience with many courses taken in instructional design and project management.
• At least 6 years proven instructional design and technical writing experience
• At least 5 years technology experience, including electro-mechanical products
• At least 6 years project management experience
• Application – PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop or Illustrator, an eLearning development tool (such as Captivate, Lector inspire, etc.)
• Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom, eLearning, workshops, simulations, etc.
• Leadership skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong Mechanical reasoning, logical reasoning and comprehension skills; electronics knowledge is a plus.
• Experience in material handling or similar industry is preferred
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• May require frequent travel 50-75%
The typical candidate should possess a minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in a related role demonstrating a firm grasp of the objectives /skills / experience outlined above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .