Siemens SR Mechanical Field Engineer in Irving, Texas
SR Mechanical Field Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 222285
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is searching for a Senior Mechanical Field Engineer for the Airport Logistics Operation. The candidate will work for the Airport Logistics (AL) business unit inside SPPAL. AL designs, installs, tests and commissions baggage handling systems (BHS) for domestic airports. The BHS is critical to air travel safety and airport/airline profitability. Each BHS is a customized solution optimized for the location, purpose and bag traffic. The solution must have safety, value, dependability, maintainability, efficiency and sustainability. Most of the projects are conducted on construction jobsites during live airport operations that require a mind-set for safety, prompt and accurate execution, risk management and flexibility.
Under the direction of the Project Manager or Mechanical Project Lead, the candidate will be supporting both the mechanical engineering team as well as the mechanical installation team, he will be advising the project team with planning, resolving technical issues and reporting. He will be SPPAL mechanical engineering first point of contact for construction team.
He will also be responsible for the following:
• Support the project schedule updates
• Support mechanical installation
• Identify and resolve mechanical technical issues
• Support in locating and/or identifying missing mechanical material
• Support the mechanical engineering team with measurements, as built red marks, verifications etc.
• Interface and coordinate with other engineering disciplines (controls and Software)
The candidate will be required to learn and master the following:
• Mechanical equipment portfolio and their functions
• Engineering workflow and standard design practices
• Mechanical engineering software tools and analysis methods
• Bill of material creation and equipment ordering processes
• Equipment receiving, storing and retrieving process
• Knowledge of cross functional engineering disciplines and their contribution to the projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Organizational skills, self-motivation, application of mechanical engineering principles, the ability to learn computerized design and analysis tools, a creative nature and hands-on mechanic aptitude are necessity to succeed in this role. The position requirements are:
• Proficient with AutoCAD 2D & 3D
• Excellent English oral and written skills
• Technology degree relevant to this position
• Ability to read mechanical construction plans
• Accomplished user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in mechanical product integration or installation, product design or system layout
• Willing to relocate to the city where the project is being constructed
• Experience working “live” construction jobsites and having safety training
• Experience working in a baggage handling construction environment
• Able to negotiate tight spaces, ladders, stairwells, catwalks and occasionally lift 40 lbs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following are preferred capabilities:
• 10-year Mechanical/Civil Engineering degree or relevant
• High level of AutoCAD 2D & 3D skills
• Experience with BIM related activities and tools such as REVIT and NAVISWorks.
• Experience with stress analysis of mechanical structures
• Experience with 3D sheet metal and/or machine design
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .