Siemens Service Engineer in Irving, Texas
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 223808
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics, LLC currently has opportunities for a Service Support Engineer with 2+ years of experience in related field. The candidates will train, document, troubleshoot, provide 24/7 on call support via phone or field and utilize specialized skills to support parcels sortation equipment for the United Postal Service (UPS). These specialized skills involve electrical circuits, program logic controllers, motor controller and mechanical components. Ideal candidates will have prior conveyor systems or automated equipment experience in these fields.
• Performs on-site and in-house technical support, onsite commissioning support, onsite training of personnel on products and other related products to customers.
• Performs support using tools, test equipment, documentation, etc. to increase customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrates extensive product knowledge.
• Takes ownership of customer issues reported and complete problems through to resolution.
• Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
• Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate group.
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
• Ensure all issues are properly logged and escalated accordingly.
• Prepare accurate and timely reports.
• Document technical knowledge in form of technical bulletins and manuals.
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
• Prepare and conduct technical training classes.
• Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
• Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS/BA in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to lift up to 100lbs.
• Must be capable of bending, crawling and working in tight spaces.
• Ability to troubleshoot system using electrical print.
• Ability to navigation computer programs and GUI interfaces.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
Travel Requirements: must be able to travel up to 50%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .