Siemens Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Irving, Texas
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 227055
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel, and Airport Logistics is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to provide support of the Supply Chain organization in achieving Safety, Delivery, Cost, and Quality objectives at our DFW Airport facility. The candidate must possess five 5+ years of experience in responsibilities outlined within job posting.
• Completes the development and implementation of complex performance measurement and improvement initiatives.
• Performs complex inspections and investigations by gathering data related to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Performs complex planning of equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain optimum and safe utilization of plant resources.
• Completes the determination of the most economic methods, operation sequence, and tooling for the fabrication and welding of parts and finishing and assembly of components for complex processes.
• Completes designs and develops complex schematic, processes, and equipment.
• Completes complex manufacturing engineer duties; may include plant layout, scrap reduction and quality assurance functions.
• Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
• Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
Education / Knowledge / Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Working Relationships / Direction of Others
• Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
• Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Additional Responsibilities and Desired Skills
• Teams with Manufacturing in the implementation of process improvements and the resolution of production issues. As part of this responsibility, may lead small ad hoc teams.
• Supports electro-mechanical assembly and test of products.
• Participates in and leads multi-discipline, cross-functional teams:
o Continuous Improvement (processes, methods, etc.).
o Design for Manufacturability, Assembly, and Test (DFx).
o New Product Introduction.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, documentation, and build of tooling and fixtures a plus.
• Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication (Plasma, Press Brake, Saw, etc.) a plus.
o Advanced modeling (Inventor and/or UG) and simulation experience a plus.
o Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
o Familiarity with SAP a plus.
• Ability to understand technical documentation including:
o Weld standards, processes, and certifications.
o Piece part, weldment, and assembly drawings.
o Material specifications.
o Component specifications.
o Equipment specifications.
o Technical journals and reports.
• Many support activities require the involvement of other departments. As such, an essential characteristic will be the ability to successfully liaise with Manufacturing, Engineering, Planning, Quality, and Purchasing.
• Knowledge of Lean and 5S principles a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .