Siemens Security Technician - Building Technologies - Indiana and Ohio in Indianapolis, Indiana
Security Technician - Building Technologies - Indiana and Ohio
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230003
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
This position will be supporting customers in Indiana and Vandalia,Ohio.
This position is responsible for performing service and maintenance on multiple product lines for card access and video surveillance. This person will own the customer call from the time they are dispatched to the client location through completion of work, keeping dispatch updated with the service and maintenance status throughout the process.
• Provides technical service to customer Card Access, Monitoring and Video Surveillance systems including technical support.
• Needs strong understanding of servers, clients, IP set up and the ability to reload systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements. Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities. Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
• Conducts on-going system operation training for end user customers.
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of two years working in the security industry.A current certification in Software House (C-Cure 9000), Genetech Security Center preferred but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .