Siemens Buying Professional in Hutchinson, Kansas
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 226864
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
• Place purchase orders according to MRP demand
• Resolve discrepant invoices with suppliers
• Coordinate ECN changes with suppliers
• Service primary interface to supply base
• BS/BA Degree. Work experience may be substituted.
• The successful candidate will typically have 2-5 years of successful experience in procurement with successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to easily learn and apply new processes and tools.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
• Customer service orientation is a must, with demonstrated favorable interpersonal relations to work in a team and/or individual environment.
• Must be able to effectively perform in a fast paced/challenging environment.
• Must be comfortable in formally presenting to management, sometimes other than your own.
• Working knowledge of applicable SAP purchasing module
Job Family Responsibilities:
Participates in semi-complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits. Resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices. Participates in updating project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases. Participates in the negotiation of prices, terms and quality requirements prepare; requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources; evaluates market conditions. Solicits cost reduction ideas from suppliers and initiates follow up action to implement these savings for the company.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
May provide general guidance or train lower level support staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and some external contacts
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .