Siemens Advanced Front End Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Advanced Front End Software Engineer
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223433
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
The Software Engineer-Advanced will Work with cross-functional teams
to develop products, business processes and online commercialization
of cloud applications and migration of current applications to cloud.
Design, develop, modify, and implement highly available and scalable
cloud services for products. Perform research and development on new
cloud technologies and methodologies.
To learn more about Huntsville view a short video...Link at the bottom of this post.
• Creates, documents, and executes software design, which may involve
significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating
• Promote innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge
into at least one area of a product and to cross-functional teams.
• Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group. Works
without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for
independent judgment and technical expertise.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or
equivalent study or experience.
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available,
fault tolerant, and reliable applications.
• Proficiency (one or more years) in designing, developing and
deploying cloud based solution using AWS.
• Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic architecture
• Experience with Sass, WebPack, Browserify, RollUp, GitHub.
• Experience in utilizing automation technologies and restful web
• Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
• Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as:
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the
• Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for
compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure.
• Selecting appropriate services to design and deploy an application
based on given requirements.
• Migrating complex, multi-tier applications.
• Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations.
• Implementing cost control strategies.
• Understanding of IT concepts - Security best practices and
application – SSH, public key encryption, access credentials and
certificates, SSL, data encryption in motion and at rest.
• Experience with developing and maintaining applications written for
Amazon S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Simple Workflow Service, AWS Elastic
Beanstalk, and AWS CloudFormation.
• Experience with MongoDB, Redis, Nginx.
• Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with
minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed team.
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines,
product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries.
• Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be
necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all
levels of employees, including management, and customers.
• High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans,
road maps & provide accurate updatesas part of the review cycle.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .