Siemens Advanced Back End Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Advanced Back End Software Engineer
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223347
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
The Software Engineer-Advanced will work with cross-functional teams to develop
products, business processes and online commercialization of cloud applications
and migration of current applications to cloud. Design, develop, modify,
and implement highly available and scalable cloud services for
products. Perform research and development on new cloud technologies
•Creates, documents, and executes software design, which may involve
significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating
•Promote innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge
into at least one area of a product and to cross-functional teams.
•Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group.
•Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude
for independent judgment and technical expertise.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or
equivalent study or experience
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for
compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
• Understanding of IT concepts - Security best practices and
application – SSH, public key encryption, access credentials and
certificates, SSL, data encryption in motion and at rest
• Experience (one or more years) in designing, developing and deploying
cloud based solution using AWS.
• Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic architecture best
• Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
•Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as:
C++, C#, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS
• Experience utilizing automation technologies and restful web services –
JSON, Chef, XML, Ruby, Python - or other scripting languages.
•Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the
• Certified AWS associate level developer
• Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault
tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
• Selecting appropriateAWS services to design and deploy an
application based on given requirements
• Experience with developing and maintaining applications written for
Amazon S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Simple Workflow Service, AWS Elastic
Beanstalk, and AWS CloudFormation
• Experience with MongoDB, Redis, Nginx
• Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with
minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed team
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product
lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
• Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be
necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all
levels of employees, including management, and customers.
• High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, road
maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .