Siemens Test Technician-Gas Chromatograph -Analyzer-TX in Houston, Texas
Test Technician-Gas Chromatograph -Analyzer-TX
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 225956
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform standard assembly of various products from work instructions, production orders, and specifications.
• Read and interpret engineering configuration drawings and build to specifications.
•Read and interpret engineering configuration drawings and build to specifications.
•Read and interpret engineering electrical drawings and assemble to specifications.
• May assign and check work of lower level personnel.
• Perform duties in a manner compliant with prevailing quality procedures and policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• High School diploma/GED and 2+ years’ Assembly experience in a manufacturing environment OR Associates/2 year technical degree
• Read and Interpret Engineering drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Experience testing Gas Chromatographs (GC’s) and an understanding of chromatography principles.
• Operate GC's to perform testing per GHTP guidelines.
• Experience using test systems to validate quality components.
• Experience working collaboratively with Product Support Engineers, Methods Engineers, and Project•Engineers in developing work practices for efficient GC testing operations, including troubleshooting issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .