Siemens Sales Support Professional-TX in Houston, Texas
Sales Support Professional-TX
Job Family: Sales
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 225628
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Sales Support Professional
TheSales Support Professionalrole is responsible for maintaining reporting tools, data bases and forecast reports our sales support team. Our Sales Support group is part of the Analytical Products business unit of Siemens Industry, Inc. The AP business unit manufactures the Siemens Maxum Gas Chromatograph, Continuous Gas analyzers, System Integration projects, and provides support for Siemens analytical products.
· Plan and run bi-weekly Sales Support Meetings to facilitate collaboration within the group and identify issues. Complete LoA Process deliverables including LoA Tool Risk Report and Offer Release Form.
· Route, track and finalize quote approvals per AP Delegation of Authority (DoA).
· Maintain projects in LoA Tool based on forecast report from sales. Schedule and lead LoA Meetings with required attendees according to LoA escalation.
· Complete quarterly PM@Siemens Compliance Control Checks.
· Involvement from the bid phase to the conception of a project
· Manage RFQ submittal process (look for improvements to efficiency where applicable) – currently utilizing mailbox and sharepoint
· Monitor the SI Quote Mailbox for new RFQs and revisions that need to be assigned
· Check New RFQ documentation for completeness
· Assign new RFQs and revisions using in-house quotation software. Set up quote folders according to process before sending assignment notifications
· Generate reports from the Quote Tool and supply all quote related data to other departments as needed
· Review all proposals for formatting, accuracy and all supporting documents are attached
· Support all proposal specialist as needed
· Provide backup support other departments as needed
· Point of contact for sales team and other departments needing information from the proposals group.
· Act as admin for in-house quotation tool including meeting with global tool owner committee and representing the Houston facility in these meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· MS Office, SharePoint, Adobe, etc.
· Strong work ethic, organizational skills and people skills are required.
· The ability to multi-task, work to meet deadlines as required and in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in project lifecycle process for projects in manufacturing.
· Systems Integration with a focus on analytics would be helpful
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .