Siemens Fire Technician I - Service in Houston, Texas
Fire Technician I - Service
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227627
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides assistance in performing assigned tasks for fire life safety system services.
· Assists in performing service agreement tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national (NFPA) and local (AHJ) standards.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed.
· Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site).
· Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
· Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
· Performs minor repairs as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2+ years experience using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Strong customer service, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associate's degree in Electronics or other technical field
· Basic knowledge of AD/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems
· Experience in field service
· Fire Alarm License
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .