Siemens Field Technician I - Fire Systems in Houston, Texas
Field Technician I - Fire Systems
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222980
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Solutions Operations Manager, this position provides technical service to Solutions Projects and customer Fire Safety Systems.
· Conducts acceptance testing at the conclusion of a new installation.
· Coordinates with assigned Foreman and or other trades for the purpose of completing project s and work orders efficiently.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned projects or customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper workingorder.
· Returns overage of project equipment in a timely fashion.
· Monitor the work of Siemens subcontractors competing electric and fire alarm projects for the purpose of ensuring that they are meeting Siemens Standards and that the projects are satisfactorily completed to local /state/and Federal codes.
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Prepares written report for the purpose of documenting task completions, conveying information of other activities affecting assigned projects.
· Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in the installation Fire Alarm Systems.
· NICET II (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months.
· Texas State Fire Alarm License
· Understanding of Ohm’s Law (Reading a Digital Meter)
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Good Computer Skills
· Ability to read and understand design drawings/blueprints
· Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .