Siemens Branch Fire Sales Manager-Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Branch Fire Sales Manager-Houston, TX
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 223946
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm 76
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Seeking a sales manager to lead, manage and develop a team of sales professionals focused on growing Siemens Fire Life Safety Business in metropolitan Houston. The Branch Fire Sales Manager will be responsible for growing our Solutions business which primarily focuses on the contractor and consultant market while also growing our end user service and maintenance business. Reports to the Branch General Manager.
· To embrace and lead an ownership culture which embodies accountability, empowerment, teamwork and collaboration.
· Ability to articulate and differentiate Siemens life safety solutions and service offerings of Fire Alarm, Mass Notification, Sprinkler and Suppression.
· With a strong knowledge in strategic sales be able to develop and lead a team of sales professionals to be strategic, innovative thinkers developing solutions for our customers.
· Posses the ability to coach a sales team on how to create customer need and drive business closed within a new and existing customer base.
· Collaborate with other Siemens sales groups such as Building Automation, Energy and Security teams to expand Siemens value for our customers and potential customers.
· Actively participate in senior-level selling on strategic projects or accounts as well as maintain senior-level relationships with contractors and end user accounts.
· Be actively involved in meetings, presentations and entertainment events with customers.
· Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan to drive market awareness and growth to meet business objectives.
· Actively seek out and leverage resources (tools, best practices, subject matter experts) within the company to drive innovation and new offerings.
· Posses and develop a continuing understanding of local and national codes.
· Key performance metrics include growth of: construction and service (service contracts and projects) business along with new customer acquisition.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on engineering, management or IT preferred, although a combination of education and directly related work experience will also be considered. (Minimum education is an Associate’s Degree.)
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Knowledge of local fire alarm, sprinkler and related building codes.
History and understanding of fire alarm and sprinkler business.
Successful history of managing and developing a sales team.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .