Siemens Purchasing Manager in Heber Springs, Arkansas
Locations:Heber Springs, Arkansas
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Medium Voltage & Systems
Requisition Number: 227020
Primary Location: United States-Arkansas-Heber Springs
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Responsible for leading the plant procurement team, by providing day-to-day leadership and management support to the team and meeting the material availability, cost, inventory, quality and supplier management targets. The individual will be responsible to develop the team to support the on-going needs for the business. The role will provide results driven leadership for all procurement activities to ensure that all key inventory, supplier performance and material availability targets are achieved.
• Lead and mentor procurement team to ensure that all plant needs in regard to material availability and inventory requirements are balanced and in the correct alignment
• Partner with commodity management to develop, implement and maintain supply chain strategies that align plant needs with commodity strategies
• Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for the procurement activities at the plant
• Manage systems and processes to support inventory forecasting, material and capacity planning, scheduling, cost control and make vs. buy decisions
• Identify, develop and manager relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets
• Development of individualized part by part material stocking and replenishment plans
• Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in business, management or other related fields
• 5+ years’ experience in management of materials and procurement
• Working knowledge of MRP systems
• Excel, Word, Power Point and SAP proficiency required
• Use tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value for our business
• Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering and collaborative working environment
• Strong analytical problem solving ability with excellent communication skills
• Ability to coordinate between multiple groups in a cross functional environment to achieve objectives
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .