Siemens Senior Automation Engineering Project Managers—Life Sciences-PA-TX in Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Senior Automation Engineering Project Managers—Life Sciences-PA-TX
Multiple Locations:Harleysville, Pennsylvania; Houston, Texas
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 222669
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Senior Automation Engineering Project Managers—Life Science execute complex projects, lead cross-functional teams, and deliver Distributed Control System solutions to customers with a focus on the Life Sciences industry.
· Manages complex projects and leads project organization, design, planning, implementation and control during delivery of automation projects based on SIMATIC PCS 7
· Interprets and applies GAMP 5, ISA S95, and S88 standards; develops validation documentation
· Designs technical standards, identifies critical paths, develops execution plans, and manages all aspects of automation projects from bid development to successful deployment
· Reports to the Solutions Engineering Director within the Automation & Engineering (AE) Business Unit
Manage multiple automation projects including greenfield applications, legacy control system modernizations, and system expansions with a focus on the pharmaceutical industry
Solicit and evaluate bids from multiple subcontractors and coordinate with several third party companies, partners, and affiliates to manage project requirements
Manage engineering resources including Lead Engineers, Project Engineers, and Engineering Technicians assigned to various projects
Develop engineering estimates and support the proposal development team
Coordinate with adjacent Business Unit resources including Project Management, Technical Sales Support, Marketing, and Field Service to ensure the successful deployment and support of delivered solutions
Participate in resource planning and support the sales cycle in the pursuit of new business
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Candidates must have demonstrated successful project management experience in Siemens PCS 7 Distributed Control System (DCS) or other DCS projects
· 7-10 years of project management experience in process automation
· 5-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
· Working knowledge of validation requirements and applicable ISA standards
· Experience with continuous and batch processes
· BS/BA in relevant discipline or advanced degree
· Communication, presentation and negotiation skills
· Travel requirements will be a function of assigned projects and will likely range from periods of light travel (5-10%) to periods of higher travel (50%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS in Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience with Manufacturing Execution System (MES) applications
· Experience as a project engineer
· Exposure to validation requirements specific to pharmaceutical industry
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .