Siemens Business Developer – Process Automation Services (US) - Harleysville, PA in Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Business Developer – Process Automation Services (US) - Harleysville, PA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 230799
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
This position is responsible for driving sustainable growth in Siemens Process Automation Services business through expanding service scopes in existing customer base and developing new service customer base in conjunction with Siemens Process Automation Sales team. Variable compensation (bonus) for this role is based on services order intake and services growth in targeted accounts. Position has US-level responsibility based in Harleysville, PA.
Position works closely with Siemens Process Automation Sales team to drive services growth with existing service portfolio as well as incremental growth through emerging service portfolio. Position is also the liaison to US Process Automation Product and Project groups.
• Champions services growth through tight collaboration with Process Automation Sales, Product, and Project teams.
• Identify and implement strategies/ programs to drive service volume based on industry trends and installed base analysis
• Drive growth in existing Service Agreement base through scope expansion
• Support contract negotiations for large/ strategic service opportunities
• Develop regional strategy to drive existing and emerging Process Automation Service portfolio in the US
• Develop senior level relationships with the targeted Siemens Process Automation customers and Solution Partners.
• Execute a disciplined selling process to identify and pursue service opportunities.
• Achieve sales targets for vertical industries with experience in Chemical and Pharma
• Develop and maintain a sales funnel to support growth objectives by identifying, creating and qualifying opportunities with end users.
• Track and regularly report on opportunities and conversion progress.
• Facilitate engagement and communication for opportunities that span geographies.
• Call on accounts in conjunction with Process Automation Sales to represent Siemens Service capabilities, maintain established business and close new.
• Support customer/internal program reviews. Understand relevant industry standards and customer applications.
• Identify customer technical / commercial challenges and engage appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution.
• Understand important industry trends and correlate trends to drive incremental service opportunity
• Provide functional leadership for a services proposal team.
• Coordinate with marketing groups to assist with industry messaging and collateral.
• Participate in professional organizations and support industry events
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree
• 7 plus years of Process Automation services/ solutions sales and marketing experience with specific experience in Chemical and Pharma verticals is desired
• This position requires strong closing skills and contract negotiation experience
• This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
• This position requires strong influence skills in a matrix environment
• This position is a US-level position based in Harleysville, PA.
• Approximately 50% travel is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .