Siemens Service Technician in Haleiwa, Hawaii
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 225615
Primary Location: United States-Hawaii-Haleiwa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
The Field Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenances to be completed on time and right the first time.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
• Provide excellent service to our customers
• Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
• Actively work on wind power projects
• Flexible travel schedule up to 100% travel
• Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records
• Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
• Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
• Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts
• Willing to travel up to 100%
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
• Hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site
• Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive setting.
• DD/SICS experience desired.
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Remove if Vehicle plan not included:
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
Education (degree type and area of study)
Past experience (including number of years)
Knowledge, skills, or expertise
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .