Siemens Quality Technician - Low Voltage Power Distribution Products in Grand Prairie, Texas
Quality Technician - Low Voltage Power Distribution Products
Locations:Grand Prairie, Texas
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 228724
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 30%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Siemens Grand Prairie, TX is looking for a Quality Technician to join their growing facility. The Quality technician to perform electrical, application and mechanical testing on Power Distribution products mainly 600V or less (Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboard and Power Panels). This person is critical towards maintaining quality of highly custom and complex products for EM LP. The candidate will report to Engineering Manager and will have no direct reports.
Are you ready for the challenge?
• Test and Inspect Low Voltage Switchgear and Switchboards to applicable standards (i.e. UL1558, UL891, IEEE, etc)
• Use multi meter and electrical theory to verify power readings and circuit design to ensure proper wiring and operation
• Use Hipot, test cart, hand tools and various other tools to aid in testing
• Use specialized software for testing/inspecting when required (i.e. Siemens WinPM, Step 7, MicroWin, WinCC Flexible, SAP, etc.)
• Perform inspections/audits of mechanical and electrical assemblies
• Maintain and input records or reports related to testing/inspecting activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associate degree or equivalent ( Bachelor’s will be preferred but not required)
• 5 years or more in capacity of engineering or quality functions for power distribution equipment
• Knowledge of prevailing codes (UL1558, UL891, UL508 ) is preferred.
• Knowledge of power distribution components ( breakers, relays, communicating devices ) is required
• 30% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .