Siemens Product Development Engineer - Pro-E in Grand Prairie, Texas
Product Development Engineer - Pro-E
Locations:Grand Prairie, Texas
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 229887
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Product Development Engineer - Pro-E for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 650 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. This person collaborates with the Engineering Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Lead Innovation and new product development for electrical equipment (Panelboards and Switchboards) as well as engineer innovative design concepts for new products utilizing Pro/E – CREO.
• Create multiple design concepts & perform trade-off studies of those concepts to determine the optimal solution while managing and planning projects including scope of work, schedules, costs and completion dates.
• Prepares prototypes for design feasibility evaluation and testing.
• Work with cross functional team to drive projects to completion.
• Contribute to "Design-to-Cost” projects to reduce manufacturing and material costs
• Initiate and validate Engineering Change Notices as they relate to product development, improvements and/or cost reductions
• Create Part drawings, Material BOMs, Document Information Records and Change numbers using SAP.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• BSME or BSEE
• 5 - 7 years’ experience in new Product Development Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years of Pro-E / Creo
• A proven track record of developing design concepts with a comprehensive evaluation of all interfaces and contributing factors
• Strong working knowledge of design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), product design and concept testing
• Hands-on prototyping experience
• Creative and analytical thinking
• Ability and willingness to learn
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience :
• Panelboard / Switchboard design experience
• Injection molded plastic design
• MSME or MSEE
• Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
• Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turn over.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .