Siemens System/Design Engineeer I - Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems - Garfield Heights, OH in Garfield Heights, Ohio
System/Design Engineeer I - Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems - Garfield Heights, OH
Locations:Garfield Heights, Ohio
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 223564
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Garfield Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
P osition Overview
Ready to join a High Performance Life Safety Team? Siemens Building Technologies currently has an opening for an experienced Design Engineer. The position is office based and is responsible for the design of Life Safety Systems.
• Receives a project package from sales team to design fire alarm and security systems using Siemens and/or other third party materials choosing the appropriate mix of
products and installation methods
• Prepares submittal package, riser, floor plans, and preforms battery calculations
• Acts as a technical resource for the team and customers as needed
• May participate in project reviews and/or job site walk through
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements, risk, and to provide the most cost effective solution
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope
• prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/subcontractor
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information
• May preform limited field activities
• Bachelor's or Associates in an Engineering discipline preferred, although candidates with a technical school certificate in a directly-related field along with experience will
also be considered
• Minimum Nicet Level III
• 3-5 years engineering/systems related experience
• Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Fully proficient and independent design skills
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in
the future for employment in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .