Siemens Support Specialist - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Garfield Heights, OH in Garfield Heights, Ohio
Support Specialist - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Garfield Heights, OH
Locations:Garfield Heights, Ohio
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227467
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Garfield Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Assists with routine equipment installation, trial runs and service activity runs to ensure that it meets specifications. Provides assistance with training customers to maintain and adjust routine equipment. Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completes required service or systems paperwork. Assists with responding to routine service or systems calls.
· Participates, in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed. Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning: provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; understands job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); supports the upload of point database, assists with the modification of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Network Technologies: Participates with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Demonstrates a basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, up to 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred
· Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
· Working engineering and programming background preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .