Siemens Sr. Fire Sprinkler Inspector - Garfield Heights, OH in Garfield Heights, Ohio
Sr. Fire Sprinkler Inspector - Garfield Heights, OH
Locations:Garfield Heights, Ohio
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 223520
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Garfield Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Performs assigned tasks on Fire and Sprinkler Life Safety systems. Tasks to include minor repair, as well as visual and functional testing on fire alarm systems sprinkler risers and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
Experience in fire alarm and sprinkler testing preferred. Basic knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems, and sprinkler system layout is preferred.
Responsible for providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA25 Standards as well as state and local codes; completing required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations; performing and/or coordinating work for compliance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Minimum 2 years experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service.
• Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
• OH State Certification Required.
• NICET Level II Certificated in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing. (Equivalent experience will be considered if candidate is pursuing NICET Level II Certification.)
• Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
· Must have working knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems and layout. Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
· Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
· Valid State Driver’s License
· A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
• Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
· Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .