Siemens Residential Sales Specialist - Low Voltage Products in Garfield Heights, Ohio
Residential Sales Specialist - Low Voltage Products
Locations:Garfield Heights, Ohio
Job Family: Sales
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Construction Sales
Requisition Number: 226795
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Garfield Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_management.html
The Residential Sales Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing plans and strategies for new and existing residential contractors that exceed expectations in revenue, profitability, customer satisfaction and customer retention. This person will report to the Director of Sales and have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Develop a sales plan that identifies and prioritizes opportunities to drive residential market share and revenue growth through single-family contractor conversions.
• Identify, develop and manage strategies to achieve sales goals.
• Utilize a disciplined sales process to include target account planning, accurate forecasting, opportunity and pipeline development/management.
• Effectively partner with business units and sales teams to meet customer requirements.
• Collaborate across Siemens BU’s to optimize cross-selling opportunities.
• Prudently use selling resources such as specialists, management and best practices to maximize effectiveness of each sale opportunity
• Build long term relationships with key residential contractors and strategic channel partners in the residential space.
• Provide management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels with contractors and strategic channel partners.
• Utilize knowledge of market conditions, competitive strategies and processes to develop a unique value proposition and position Siemens as the vendor of choice.
• Develop and deliver customer presentations that articulate the value proposition of product/solution/service offerings.
• Work with product management to recommend product development based on market needs.
• Will assist in the creation of local, regional and national builder conversion plans. Once finalized candidate will ultimately support the execution of these plans.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
The ideal candidate will have :
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years experience in sales and/or marketing of (industrial/construction) products
• Strong track record of revenue growth in related positions industrial/construction industry
• Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, financials etc.
• Excellent track record of establishing strong customer relationships.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, working with direct and matrixed resources to ensure customer satisfaction and profitable growth
Capabilities: The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and thrive in a teaming environment. Excellent written and verbal skills are a must. Must be a good listener and seek good input from others, yet be decisive and timely in decision-making. The ideal candidates must thrive on change and continuous improvement in our complex, fast-paced environment.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .