Siemens HR Generalist in Fort Madison, Iowa
Locations:Fort Madison, Iowa
Job Family: Human Resources
Division: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 224865
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
An HR Generalist who will be responsible for approximately 250 production workers working multiple shifts in Fort Madison, Iowa.
A trusted partner, that demonstrates business expertise and act with a sense of urgency
Be the person to work closely with the Supervisory team and the employees to anticipate opportunities, influence the thought processes, and be a catalyst for change
Work closely with the hourly population
This role will primarily support the Fort Madison Production Facility. Support of business units located outside of Hutchinson may also be required. The HR Generalist will work closely with the supervisory team and employee base managing site human resources responsibilities. Candidate must have a strong employee relations and demonstrated competencies in implementing change, along with high collaboration skills. Previous experience in a highly matrix organization is a plus.
• Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success.
• Administer, monitor, coordinate, maintain and ensure compliance with areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs as well as all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Conduct or participate on special investigations, studies, projects and other HR initiatives as needed to meet overall company and department strategic goals and initiatives. Manage collective bargaining agreement
• As required, lead or participate on project teams to develop new policies, programs or tools within the company. Onboard new employees and conduct orientations for new hires.
There will be 5% travel associated with this position.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
• 2-5 years of experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple business disciplines including employee relations, labor relations, performance management, and management consultation.
• The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
• Ability to successful drive change in the organization
• Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Proven ability to research and analyze information
• Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
• The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.
• Prior experience working in a matrixed environment a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .