Siemens Project Manager- Building Technologies- Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
Project Manager- Building Technologies- Florham Park, NJ
Locations:Florham Park, New Jersey
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 223341
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Come be a part of our growing project management team tasked with incorporating energy management systems and managing high-level customer relationships across a wide range of retail clients!
· In this role you will manage large, more complex life safety/Fire alarm jobs or multiple projects with Enterprise customers from pre-booking to customer acceptance. You are responsible for supervising, directing and managing the planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects, and will ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· 10% travel required with in North America. Position based in Florham Park, NJ.
· Manage projects from contract to commission, keeping stakeholders informed and project goals moving forward. Monitor progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan and maintain constant communication with customer contacts and internal stakeholders. Prepare and oversee engineering and design requirements specific to each customer and/or project. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs within new construction and retrofit programs. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepare and submit invoices with 100% accuracy to ensure customer confidence in accounting practices. Participate and manage completion of all close-out documentation such as verification paperwork, drawings, and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required. Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field is a plus.
· NICET certification
· PMP or CAPM certification a plus, or must be obtained within 1 year.
Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations.
Excellent communication skills is REQUIRED.
An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with mechanical, electrical, and/or controls construction and installation preferred with, at minimum, exposure to construction processes and scheduling.
EXCELLENT computer skills required - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Construction experience in project management, on-site installation, or engineering design preferred. Ability to read drawings and understand basic electrical and mechanical construction plans a plus.
· Code knowledge and related life safety industry association certifications
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .