Siemens Associated Engineer- Fire and Security- Florham Park, NJ in Florham Park, New Jersey
Associated Engineer- Fire and Security- Florham Park, NJ
Locations:Florham Park, New Jersey
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 226402
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This office-based position is primarily responsible for working in a team environment to create top quality fire alarm system design packages for projects in the New Jersey & New York market place. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest companies in the world to serve one of the most unique geographic areas in the world.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a strong grasp of utilizing software such as AutoCAD, MS Office & Adobe Acrobat in order to provide all design drawings, product submittals, and schedules for fulfillment of contractual requirements for each assigned project.
Working with our project management team, the systems engineer shall receive project drawings and specifications from sales team and design systems in order to provide the most cost effective solution.
Typical activities and position expectations are:
• Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimates and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and all applicable codes to determine project requirements and risks.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with colleagues, contractors, and/or building management.
• Designs systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of system device location layouts, riser diagrams, electrical point-to-point drawings, bill of materials, and sequence of operations to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
• Provides general electrical calculations inclusive of voltage drops, conduit fills, power supply sizing, etc.
• Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
• May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
The candidate shall also act as a technical resource to sales, operations, and customers in order to provide professional product application knowledge for life safety systems. Excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal, are required for success in this position.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required.
0-1 years electrical engineering experience.
Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required.
Knowledge of fire alarm systems, security systems and general electronics or other
technical field desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .