Siemens Account Executive - Higher Education - Higher Ed - Northern NJ & Lower Eastern New York - Performance Contracting in Florham Park, New Jersey
Account Executive - Higher Education - Higher Ed - Northern NJ & Lower Eastern New York - Performance Contracting
Locations:Florham Park, New Jersey
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225483
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Sales Account Executive to sell Energy & Environmental Solutions to new and existing customers in Northern New Jersey & Lower Eastern New York. This position will ideally be located anywhere within the territory. Reporting to the BPS Sales Manager, the Account Executive will primarily focus on customers in the Higher Education (Higher Ed) sector. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is to sell energy management business solutions (Performance Contracts) that enables the customer to reduce energy and improve their existing infrastructure.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Working with team members to effectively identify customer needs
• Develop and submit financial (proposals and presentations) justifications to C-Suite executives
• Prospect and qualify new customers while selling the Siemens Value proposition as it relates to energy solutions
• Obtains letters of intent and arranges financing
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion
• Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars
• Keeps current on market business and product trends
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills
• Develops and deploys account strategies
Qualifications the ideal candidate will have include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Business or a related field, although candidates with a combination of experience and education could also be considered
• Experience selling in the Higher Education/Higher Ed sector markets required, with 5-7 years’ experience in C-Suite sales specifically in Higher Education in New Jersey/New York. Candidates with C-Suite sales experience in a related industry selling services to the Higher Education market (such as financial, insurance, support services, etc.) will also be considered
• Requires a medium level of financial expertise with an aptitude to gain an understanding of related technical, engineering, contractual, and energy efficiency concepts
• Customer relationships at this level are primarily C-level and solution-oriented -- candidates who will be successful in this role must have proven experience executing strategic solution-oriented sales to top executives
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
•Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .