Siemens Sr Software Test Manager in Flanders, New Jersey
Sr Software Test Manager
Multiple Locations:Flanders, New Jersey; Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 222354
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
SR SOFTWARE TEST MANAGER:
Manages and leads software test engineers to ensure that Siemens Lab Diagnostic Analyzer/Instrument software products and tools meet established standards of quality, including reliability, usability and performance. Typical products include chemistry and immunoassay analyzers. The primary responsibilities of the Software Test Manager are to:
· Manage a software test department by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the test organization.
· When assigned as Test Team Lead, be responsible for overall success of a project’s software verification.
· Supervise Software Test Team Leads and Test Engineers.
· Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
· Evaluate staff training and development needs, and implement agreed training plans.
· Build a test team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation.
· Identify skills and resource gaps in the test team, and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
· Manage resources, including identifying resource needs and developing justifications.
· Monitor and report on personnel and department performance targets.
· Conduct performance reviews.
· Oversee and review Software Verification Plans and Reports.
· Participate in budget forecasting, and control budget expenditures.
· Propose business cases for test department tools and activities, which outline the costs and benefits expected.
· Aid in the development of test strategies, designs, and protocols.
· Establish schedules.
· Participate in and lead test department improvement initiatives.
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
· Travel to domestic and international locations, when required.
· Communicate effectively one on one as well as in groups at both high and low concept levels.
· Interact effectively with organizational management and staff.
Knowledge and Skills
Must have knowledge of software verification activities integrated within a software engineering process.
Required skills include:
· Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle such as Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
· Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices
· Knowledge of Test optimization techniques such as OATS/Pairwise
· Project management experience
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Risk management (project, technical, and safety)
· Troubleshooting software issues
· Ability to define, estimate and track progress of tasks and communicate project status
· Strong writing, presentation, and general communication skills
Knowledge and skill of any of the following items is a plus:
· FDA Design Control regulations, and associated standards and guidances
· Microsoft Team Foundation Server
· Automated testing tools (e.g. TestComplete)
· Experience with medical diagnostic devices / analyzers
· ASTQB Certification (or the equivalent)
· Database fundamentals
· Communication protocols
· Network monitoring
· Computer system performance monitoring
· Troubleshooting hardware (ME/EE) issues
· Various programming languages, such as C#, C ++, C or Visual Basic
· Communication protocols, such as LIS 3, HL7
· Calculated Parameters for reported analytes
· Statistical Data Analysis
· BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or 5-7 years of successful experience in a related field and the successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities, Knowledge and skills as presented above.
· An appropriate advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .