Siemens Materials Logistics Spec 2 / Spares Planning Coordinator in Flanders, New Jersey
Materials Logistics Spec 2 / Spares Planning Coordinator
Locations:Flanders, New Jersey
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 226271
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Flanders site has significantly expanded the manufacturing operations and is in the process of migrating and developing complex diagnostics instruments that will be manufactured in the new facility. This change brings exciting growth and opportunities within the operations and supply chain areas.
As the site expands, we are looking for a Materials Support level 2 to join our busy and expanding purchasing team based at the Flanders NJ Facility.
The Materials Support function, will work in close co-operation with the production and spares team at the site to ensure the timely delivery of spares that are needed for CSML. The role is typically involves:
• All orders are reviewed for availability & lead time
• Production orders are opened & distributed
• Expedite requests reviewed for availability
• ATP checks made as spares move into required shipping location throughout the day
• Spares On-Time report distributed monthly
• Investigation of the Spares orders is done prior to distribution to the manufacturing operations team.
• Chart is now being maintained to monitor our progress with all of our spares RoHS orders
• MTR requested are received and reviewed before forwarding over to the Warehouse
• MTR is processed and inventory relieved once the requestor receives his or her items
• QN notifications for scraps are received and processed
• QN notifications for rework orders are received and processed
The role will be ideal for an individual who already has experience of the procurement/spares function and the procurement environment. Who enjoys maintaining and supporting the inner systems that underpin the buying activities, has a good understanding of materials movements within the incoming supply chain.
A person qualified for this role will typically have 3 -5 years or more experience within the purchasing environment, may have previously functioned as a buyer or has aspirations to move to a front line buying function in the future.
Successful applicants will have:
• 3 to 5 years plus experience in a purchasing, materials or supplier management areas.
• Professional procurement or materials certification is preferred
• Associates Degree and or equivalent qualifications
• An understanding and familiarity of IT systems and data management
• Experience of hardware manufacturing in low to mid volume environments
• Strong MS office capability
• A team player that can support and guide peer departments and functions
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .