Siemens Machinist - Manufacturing and Production Support in Flanders, New Jersey
Machinist - Manufacturing and Production Support
Locations:Flanders, New Jersey
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 227077
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Supports manufacturing environment with basic machinist capabilities.
· Provide machining support to the site, using various machines, and tools (CNC vertical milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, band saw, inspection equipment, waterjet, press brake, etc.)
· Fabrication of fixtures/assembly aids to support the manufacturing process.
· Repair/Rework of production parts to defined drawings and specifications.
· Repair cross threaded hardware into base parts requiring removal and thread repair. In addition, PEM, Southco and like fasteners require repair or replacement.
· Maintain machine shop inventory and equipment.
· Setup and Run 3D printing equipment (FDM, SLA).
· Provide manufacturability feedback to engineering organization.
· Compliance to our safety and quality systems is mandatory and is always a first priority.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School Education Required
· Experience in toolmaking, NC/CNC milling, CAD/CAM experience
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical specifications and drawings
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Sheet metal Fabrication
· Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
· Experience in manufacturing support
· FDA/ISO/Med Device
Physical Context / Work Environment
· Must be able to lift 15lbs regularly, 35lbs occasionally
· Must be able to stand/walk/bend/kneel to work on equipment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .