Siemens Business Program Intern in Edgewater, Massachusetts
Business Program Intern
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 223751
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Edgewater
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthcare Point of Care is seeking a highly talented and motivated student to join our R&D mechanical engineering team. Gain experience in the creation of new design concepts. Review and assess mechanical drawings of components and assemblies. Collaborate with and support the engineers in their testing and design efforts.
· Assist creating drawings and models for fixtures and devices for current projects.
· Assist creating conceptual models / drawings for new projects or proposals, under close guidance.
· Develop concept CAD models for any ongoing / new projects that would enhance functionality.
· Assist in the transition of all engineering documents to new SAP based database.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Education required: high school diploma and 2 years of mechanical engineering education, with coursework in mechanics, materials science, fluid dynamics, heat transfer helpful.
· Technical skills: basic knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word, basic knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts and of manufacturing processes
· Fundamental knowledge of 3D Solid modeling using SolidWorks and should be able to create standard engineering drawings from CAD models.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .