Siemens Procurement Specialist (Medical Device) in East Walpole, Massachusetts
Procurement Specialist (Medical Device)
Locations:East Walpole, Massachusetts
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 221530
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Are you ready to join our team to help lead us to the successful implementation of the China Manufacturing Project?
This position is based in Walpole, MA and reports to the Senior Manager of Procurement, also based in Walpole.
Responsible for a wide variety of complex procurement assignments in support of the China Manufacturing Project. Depending on the various needs of the Project and skillset of the candidate, this position may be assigned to directly support the Project and/or backfill current Procurement resources to free them up to support certain aspects of the Project.
Project specific support may include the following:
· Implementation of SAP
· Investigates existing approved suppliers’ ability to supply directly to China
· Identifies and escalates supply chain risks
· Coordinates any new supplier selection activities with Commodity Managers and team
· Coordinates sourcing of early stage material requirements
· Assists in development of a procurement organization in China
· Assists in knowledge transfer from current manufacturing sites
Project, Non-Project support and post-Project work may include the following:
· Performs a full range of source selection and procurement functions for product materials to support production
· Organizes and executes regional bundling of the demands of the different Groups/sites and projects for optimum utilization of procurement power
· Analyzes complex demand, markets and suppliers to create a basis for deciding on the optimum sourcing strategy
· Defines and implements complex procurement,supply and bundling strategy in order to achieve the maximum profit contribution to the corporate targets
· Conducts complex price and contract negotiations with contract conclusion to guarantee security of supplies at the best conditions.
· Undertakes supplier management to obtain the best suppliers and ensure an optimum supply chain
· Identifies concepts for risk and contract management to avoid risk and warranty costs.
· Maintains intensive regular contact with complex internal/external interface partners in order to recognize developments (market, demand, etc.) and exert the appropriate influence
· Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field
· Performs complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users
· Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices
· Updates project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases
· Performs value analysis to identify cost improvements
· Member of cross-functional team(s) aiding in the resolution of problems and the transfer of new products into Manufacturing
· Acts as a resource to intra-organizational functions not experienced in Materials Management
· Assesses change impacts as a result of supplier change notifications and works with Functional Support Specialist to initiate associated change control requirements
· Must be able to set, meet and maintain metrics including site, department and personal
· Support Supplier Quality audit activities of suppliers on an as needed basis
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS, CPM, or CSCP Certification desired.
Typically 10+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Knowledge, skills, or expertise: Experience in working in a cGMP and FDA regulated manufacturing facility. Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Strong written, verbal and cross-functional team support skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Good understanding of purchasing in SAP (ideal candidate would be an SAP Super User and/or have experience in implementing SAP or similar ERP system). Excellent Microsoft Excel abilities, including data report generation and data analysis using complex functionality and formulas. Knowledge or understanding of basic science (biology/chemistry) would be advantageous. Experience in sourcing chemicals and/or biologicals preferred. Proven leadership skills desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .