Siemens Associate Project Manager - Electrical Services in Dallas, Texas
Associate Project Manager - Electrical Services
Multiple Locations:San Antonio, Texas; Littleton, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; Dallas, Texas; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 225832
Primary Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio
Other Locations: United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/building-technologies.html
Associate Project Manager Position Overview
Reporting to the Zone Electrical Services Operations Manager, manages multiple projects typically less than 200K or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during project, and at final project completion.
· Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field. Bachelors degree preferred.
· Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations; Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· SAP and PMCT experience.
· Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, Project)
· 2+ years project management experience.
· Extremely well with multi-tasking, managing multiple small projects.
· Great communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .