Siemens Software Development Student Intern (PES, SS) in Cypress, California
Software Development Student Intern (PES, SS)
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 222111
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Software Development Student Internship
Location: Cypress, California
Start Date: Summer 2018
Hours: Full-time during the summer; Part-time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
As an intern in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. Projects in this organization will build off of each other. Each successive internship in PES will expand on a new area of the software development lifecycle. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, prototypes for new releases, automated tests, test results analysis, etc. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams to:
· Work on exciting project enhancements and features
· Solve challenging software problems faced by our end users
· Work on Tools for developer productivity improvement and process automation
· Contribute to algorithm design and implementation, performance improvements
· Assist with enhancing Product Testing modules
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
· Graduating in 2019 or later
· Minimum GPA of 3.3
· Strong coding skills in C++ or JAVA
· Commanding grasp of C#, Python, Excel Programming, or Perl is a plus
· Knowledgeable in object oriented concepts
· Write clean, robust, and maintainable code
· Experience with computer-aided design or engineering software
· Passion for design, engineering, and programming
· Dedicated to continuous improvement and learning new languages
· Inspire collaboration
· Exceptional communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .