Siemens Field Technician II - Fire Solutions - Cypress CA in Cypress, California
Field Technician II - Fire Solutions - Cypress CA
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221699
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/buildingtechnologies.htm
The Field Service Technician coordinates, manages implements, and/or performs service for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems .
· Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding both systems maintenance and installations.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
· Required experience: 2+years installing and programming fire alarm systems.
· Required travel: 10%
· Other requirements:
o NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months of hire.
o Posses State Blue Card for Fire Alarm systems.
o Strong customer service skills.
o Good verbal and written communications skills in English
o Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of Microsoft Office.
o Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
o Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
o Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
o Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Computer based programming experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .