Siemens Consulting Business Developer - Low/Medium Voltage Products in Concord, California
Consulting Business Developer - Low/Medium Voltage Products
Job Family: Sales
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 220712
Primary Location: United States-California-Concord
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_management.html
Siemens Industry is looking for a Consulting Business Developer for the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento markets. The candidate will work with local sales & area sales management to identify and secure business from key targets (consultants, general contractors, electrical contractors and end users). This person will report to the Director of Business Development for the West and Central Regions.
• Must have the ability to review complex bills of material & offer alternative solutions (bill of material optimization) to customers that drive incremental value over the competition.
• Ability to facilitate a bid negotiation that covers all aspects of a large complex project: system design, bill of materials, labor content, local codes & standards, and contract negotiations including risk & liability.
• Able to identify all key stakeholders of the project bid & negotiation process & represent Siemens products to those stakeholders.
• Able to evaluate business opportunities & make recommendations on specifications, system design, and product application.
Knowledge, Skills and Education/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced degree & combination of 5 plus years of sales/engineering experience.
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of product solutions for industrial & construction applications.
• Manage thru conflict & navigate discussions with various stakeholders that may or may not agree on a solution for a particular opportunity.
• Self-starter & motivator who can create and maintain key customer relationships.
• Have a strong understanding of Medium & Low voltage distribution products.
• Able to manage C level relationships within engineering and EPC firms.
• Working knowledge of the electrical industry and/or the specific markets listed.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .