Siemens Java Software Engineer - Senior in Cincinnati, Ohio
Java Software Engineer - Senior
Multiple Locations:Cincinnati, Ohio; Shoreview, Minnesota
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223023
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Other Locations: United States-Minnesota-Shoreview
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
We are seeking a strong, full-stack developer with a sharp, creative design eye; has experience creating a seamless bridge between the front-end and the back-end design. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills for working with business sponsors, analysts, project managers, content editors
The developer will bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
• Develop ( JAVA ) systems including coding, testing, and debugging.
• Has familiarity and extensive experience with popular Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Ensures the technical feasibility of designs
• Optimizes application for maximum speed and scalability
• Utilizes the results from usability testing to help identify and fix defects.
• Collaborates with business and IT decision-makers to discuss system requirements and brainstorm ideas for new
• Creates and maintains a repository of common assets and reusable code
• Wields knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to develop search-friendly websites and interfaces
• Has awareness of the “state of the art” and assess new trends and emerging technologies in and related to UI/UX design
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
• Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude
• Excellent communication skills with positive energy
• Experience with Agile development necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field of study
• Minimum five to ten years of experience in software development
• Knowledge of multi-tier architectures
• Experience using web services (REST, APIs and JSON)
• Experience with database technologies
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
such as AngularJS, ReactJS, etc.
• Strong focus on user experience and simple design solutions
• Strong ability to learn and apply established style guides to design and development
• Experience with Git or other software version control system
• Knowledge of Java application servers such as Apache, etc.
• Experience with testing methodologies such as TDD and BDD
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .