Siemens Entry Level Software Automation Tester - SW House in Chicago, Illinois
Entry Level Software Automation Tester - SW House
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 226543
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to be part of a team ofhighly motivated and talented building technology engineers, building productsand applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energyconsumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment?
Working in the city as a Test Design Professional I at Siemens Building Technologies, you will collaborate on our flagship Desigo CC product line and participate within interdisciplinary teams and with our global partners. Within our dynamic open office environment, you will contribute to the enhancement and creation of products and applications for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for ensuring that the quality meets or exceeds the defined requirements. There are growth opportunities within our team structure and an ongoing mission to learn many of the newest technologies.
· Develop test cases for verification and validation of product functionality under the direction of more Senior Test Design Professionals.
· Design both manual and automated test sets as you develop your skills.
· Document traceability of tests to associated functional and non-functional requirements for test reporting by Senior Test Design Professionals.
· Report on test status and outcomes to Sr. Test Design Professionals.
· Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
RequiredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
· Experience with any programming language and programming concepts.
· Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
· Basic understanding of agile development approaches.
· Collaborates well in teams and can work on individual assignments.
· Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
· Basic knowledge of industry-standard testing methodologies.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
PreferredKnowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· If you have some familiarity with test automation packages, this is a plus.
· And bonus points if you have skills with configuration management tools as this is desirable.
· Willingness to learn and grow into a skilled engineer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .