Siemens Software Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
Locations:Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225330
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated
software products to support full life-cycle digital design and
manufacturing. This position contributes to the development of
MindSphere, a cloud based IOT platform and application suite.
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team,
incorporating and inventing emerging software technologies to deliver
amazing IOT products to the market.
As a high-performing member of an Agile Scrum team, you will be
expected to develop, test, deploy, and support the team’s services. As
a member of a self-directed team, you may also take on roles in
technical or solution architecting, test framework development, system
test development, and CICD pipeline, depending onthe needs of the team
and your ability to contribute.
The position reports to the MindSphere IOT Services Director of
• Development of SW and the associated test and deploy automation for
IOT services that are part of the MindSphere IOT Platform
• Proactive contribution to the team as a whole to ensure a product is
delivered successfully and with high quality
• Continuous learning and growing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other
supplemented with real world programming experience
• Software Development Experience – 1+ years (part-time, internship ok)
• Backend Web/Cloud DevelopmentExperience – 1+ years (lab, project ok)
• Experience in Backend CloudJava development
• Agile Scrum Process Experience – 1+ years (lab, project ok)
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience building solutions on AWS platform
• Experience developing microservices using Spring
• Experience working with database technology (SQL and noSQL)
• Experience with TDD and excellent understanding of automated testing
• Experience with CICD, including infrastructure as code (Terraform /
• Experience in IOT and big data & analytics
• Experience in Manufacturingor Energy domains
• Bring something special to the team
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .