Siemens Software Engineer - Advanced in Charlotte, North Carolina
Software Engineer - Advanced
Locations:Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223287
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens PLM US Talent Acquisition
This position involves application development for Camstar’s Enterprise Platform (CEP) as part of an Agile team with includes interaction with members of the Product Development, Process Owner, Technical Publications and QA teams. Tasks include feature implementation including but not limited to detailed design documentation, programming, debugging, unit testing, code review, bug repair and authoring supporting documentation.
The Advanced Software Engineer is responsible for understanding the current product offering, its underlying technology, architecture & design principles, evaluating new technologies, design ideas, research new methodologies to solving software engineering problems related to the current field of business. They will be expected to provide input to the technical direction for one or more areas of the product/research. They are also responsible for building the tools and framework needed to take the research ideas forward into development. They are responsible for delivering core functionality that reaches a high level of quality with minimal defects.
· Generate Detailed Design requirements based on software functional requirements.
· Implement and test new functionality that supports the Camstar Platform in the areas of: portal and mobility frameworks, proprietary tooling (Designer, Portal Studio, etc.…)
· Modifies and develops the components required for simple to moderately complex application features.
· Maintain development environments in a multiple branch software code management system.
· Investigate and resolve reported bugs.
· Perform reviews and approvals of other developer’s code.
· Interact with other development groups and QA as necessary.
· Interact with Agile product development team members.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related science is desired
· Minimum of 2+ years development in web based applications and architectures
· Desired 1+ year developing tools, components, and platforms
· Excellent design, programming and debugging skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for work.
· Experience in Azure, AWS or any Cloud provider
· Experience with SOA, Microservices.
· Experience with either C++ or C#
· Experience with JQuery.
· Experience with Web Services and API development.
· Experience with database systems (Oracle/SQL Server).
· Experience with NoSQL databases
· Knowledge in IoT in the industrial landscape
· Comfortable with Web Based applications.
· Comfortable with XML and XSLT.
· Working knowledge of NUnit or other unit testing framework.
· Experience with Source Control such as TFS and Git
· Development experience in complete product lifecycle.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience in one of the two following areas:
o Experience on a software team developing commercial multi-user / mission critical applications.
o Experience in Manufacturing Execution System application development or deployment, or similar custom software.
· Familiarity with Scrum Agile development principles and practices with a good comfort level of working in this type of environment
· Experience with software product management.
· Experience of Web Services including Microsoft WCF Services.
· Experience with User and Custom Web Controls.
· Experience with Angular and other frameworks
· Knowledge and experience in .Net technologies.
· Knowledge with Java &/or technology stack for JVM based platforms
· Comfortable with HTML, DHTML, and XHTML.
· Visual Basic programming exposure.
· Domain knowledge in manufacturing operations.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants should not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .