Siemens Sr. Data Integration Specialist in Cary, North Carolina
Sr. Data Integration Specialist
Locations:Cary, North Carolina
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 218866
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Data Governance and Analytical Services Group in Siemens Healthineers is hiring a passionate Sr. Data Integration Specialist / Data Scientist to load structure and enrich data by applying various kinds of advanced data analytics methods, in order to build a scalable Data Warehouse and extract and visualize relevant information for solving business-specific questions and problems.
What are my responsibilities?
Work with an international team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts in Asia, Europe and Americas to drive digitalization of our Healthcare Business
Data Preparation / maintenance:
· You will be expected to work from day one in SAS Data Integration to create DI jobs, Stored Processes and be able to tropicalize SAS code into Teradata functions to create new variables or changing numeric to character formats and vice versa, also able to handle multiple data sources like Azure, SAS Teradata or Oracle tables in the same DI job
· You apply extensive experience in all SAS transformations available like SQL, access, data and high-performance analytics transformations
· You have the experience to program as well as read SAS and SQL (Teradata) language with the capability to find and solve possible errors
· You develop SAS DI jobs in SAS Data Integration Studio to extract data from Teradata, Azure or other sources and apply business rules
You enrich the data, prepare data for analytics and visualization reports
· You develop data mapping from source to target tables, create, modify and maintain Stored Processes in SAS DI Studio and SAS EG.
· You import data sources (XML, Access, XLS, CSV, TXT) into SAS and Teradata, and Azure
· You determine and provide data management, quality, and IT infrastructure requirements
· You conduct data explorations; identify relevant data sets and new relations in data
· You conduct exploratory data analysis in high dimensions with different kinds of data, e. g. machine data, and process related data, or textual data
· You develop re-usable analytic models, configure and deploy algorithms, select optimal tool and define visualization method/tool to display results
· You operationalize and maintain such models in a data analytics platform
· You develop and test analytical prototypes in an industrial environment, validate and communicates results to answer targeted business questions
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Technical / Practical knowledge:
· Recent working knowledge of SAS data integration
· Very strong expertise in SAS DI Studio, SAS Enterprise Guide, Azure, Teradata (SQL)
· 5 years of work experience in the domain of data integration, data warehousing, data discovery and data science tasks
· Strong understanding of ETL and BI technologies and Tools
· Data warehousing skills include: dimensional data modeling, applying business rules, do data mappings from source to target.
· Ability to develop ETL processes to extract data from Teradata, to apply the business rules and data mappings, to load the standardized data back into Teradata, as well as creating tables in Teradata.
· Experience in usage and extension of analytical tools and systems, e. g. SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Visual Analytics, R, Python, Teradata, Hadoop, Spark, or similar data mining Workbenches
· Successfully completed university degree in mathematics, computer / data science, or engineering sciences (Masters or PhD degree, or Bachelor with exceptional work experience in relevant fields mentioned above)
Methodical / Analytical capabilities:
· Ability to think analytically and rapidly learn complex topics, especially in the field of analysis, evaluation and handling of structured and unstructured / multi-structured data
· Expertise in the area of big data analytics and analytics with structured and unstructured data
· Analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve products and understanding the behavior of end-customers and users of data driven insights
· Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
· Recent/working experience in SAS Viya beneficial for future transitions
· Strong presentation and communication skills on technical and business level
· Expertise in current and upcoming technologies, algorithms and methodologies in the areas of Data Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning
· Microsoft Azure working knowledge a strong plus
Experience in Python, R, other coding languages useful to analytics beneficial
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .