Siemens Project Manager - Fire Alarm System Site Installation - Boston, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
Project Manager - Fire Alarm System Site Installation - Boston, MA
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224633
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies’ Fire Systems business is growing rapidly and we have an opening for a Fire Alarm Project Manager in Canton, MA. The Fire Alarm Project Manager will be directing a high performing team and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project from pre-bid reviews through project acceptance. We are looking for a team player who has a passion for the fire alarm business and is serious about delivering great results for customers.
· Project Manager supervises, directs and motivates the Project Team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
· Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
· Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
· Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation.
· Ensures customer satisfaction during project execution and at final project completion.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field desired, however, candidates with a combination of directly related experience and education (a High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required) will also be considered.
· 2 years of Project Management/Project Manager experience preferred.
· Fire alarm system experience required.
· NICET Level II preferred but not required.
· Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
· Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Why Choose Siemens?
In addition to a fantastic Project Manager career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary plus an incentive bonus
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
• Extensive sales and product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .