Siemens HVAC Controls Service Technician I - Boston, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
HVAC Controls Service Technician I - Boston, MA
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228727
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Field Service Technician - Service Specialist I to support our Building Automation Service Group in the Greater Boston, MA area. The Service Specialist I is responsible for completing service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Executes technical support program tasks as scheduled.
• Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
• Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (T&M Work) including system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information daily / weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk through and / or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
• Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related experience and education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement) will also be considered.
• 1-2 years engineer/service experience is desired, however candidates with less experience will also be considered.
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .