Siemens Fire Alarm Installation Technician II - Commercial Fire Alarms - Boston, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
Fire Alarm Installation Technician II - Commercial Fire Alarms - Boston, MA
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222705
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is growing in Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Service Technician with background installing and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Field Service Technician II is based out of our Canton, MA office and supports customers in Greater Boston and Rhode Island markets
• Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
• Associates Degree preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is a minimum requirement) and related field experience will also be considered
• Must have prior experience with the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems, Electrician experience desired.
• Strong customer service skills; good verbal and written communications skills; skilled in common PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• A Massachusetts Journeyman's Electrical License desired, however, candidates with Fire Alarm Technician experience who are pursuing their license will also be considered.
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .