Siemens System Engineer - Industrial Automation in Campbell, California
System Engineer - Industrial Automation
Job Family: Sales
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 226521
Primary Location: United States-California-Campbell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens Industry – Automotive is searching for a System Engineer for our automotive team. This position will be located in the San Francisco area focusing on both automotive customer Head Quarters locations as well as extended sites throughout North America.
• Designs and engineers automation systems used for the automotive manufacturing process down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
• Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product prototypes.
• Specifies and integrates standard products, components and subsystems according to the required functionality of the system and coordinates their interfaces and interaction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• At least 5-8 years of hands on proficiency within Industrial Automation
• Experience with integration of standard Siemens products, components and subsystems according to the required functionality of the system and coordination of their interfaces and interaction
• Experience with the design and review of wireless and wired networking architectures
• Experience with the design and review of integrated safety products and solution (Siemens Integrated Safety)
• Experience with the Siemens Totally Integrated Automation Portal as listed below
SIMATIC STEP 7,
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering & Computer Science
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Experience in the Automotive Industry
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .