Siemens Financial Analyst - Manufacturing and Logistics - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Financial Analyst - Manufacturing and Logistics - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Finance
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 224336
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for a Supply Chain Senior Financial Analyst to join our team.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Management Controller, this role will support the Building Technologies (BT) – Control Product Systems (CPS) manufacturing and logistics operations located in Buffalo Grove, IL, and will have a direct impact on the financial performance and cost competitiveness of the factory and CPS products. The Financial Analyst will work with Supply Chain Management functions including Demand Planning, Procurement and Tactical Sourcing, Manufacturing, Warehousing, Transportation, and Customer Support to provide financial transparency and help continuously improve business performance.
· Support overall coordination of the factory and logistics budget, forecast and planning processes
· Support accurate and timely execution of month-end reporting processes for factory and logistics results, absorption and variance analysis, KPIs, productivity, capital spending, warranty, headcount, freight payment, and journal entries
· Act as a financial advisor and manage assigned cost centers in partnership with functional leaders to assure cost compliance and development of accurate budgets and forecasts
· Assist in standard cost development and implementation and perform costing activities for new and existing products
· Support overall coordination and execution of the cycle count program and annual inventory
· Analyze trends and evaluate business performance data and propose initiatives for improvement
· Actively identify and implement improvement opportunities in business reporting, analytics and dashboards
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA is a plus
· 3 - 5 years of experience working in an accounting, financial analysis or auditing capacity; good working knowledge of accounting concepts; public accounting/auditing experience a plus
· Proficient in SAP, ThinkCell, Hyperion Essbase, and Smart Analysis Applications. Intermediate knowledge of MS Office is required.
· Ability to develop complex models and identify opportunities to utilize digital landscape
· Highest degree of accuracy, detail orientation, and ability to organize and work under tight deadlines
· Strong motivation, drive, ownership, and ability to learn quickly
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .