Siemens HL7 Interface Integration Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
HL7 Interface Integration Engineer
Multiple Locations:Boston, Massachusetts; Malvern, Pennsylvania; Hoffman Estates, Illinois; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Mountain View, California; Cary, North Carolina; Newark, Delaware; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 224231
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs, United States-Delaware-Newark, United States-North Carolina-Cary, United States-California-Mountain View, United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor, United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates, United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global med-tech company , Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit:
About this exciting opportunity position:
Siemens Healthineers is looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The advent of digitized patient records being utilized to drive better care, understand complex patients for the purpose of driving better outcomes is here today. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
Interface Integration Engineer is responsible for implementing Siemens Healthineers solutions based on Customer integration requirements and long-term strategic goals. This position requires knowledge and experience with data platforms and data aggregation tools. The Technical Implementation Engineer will collaborate with the Solution Architect in delivering the necessary technical integrations needed to implement a comprehensive solution that delivers Customer value and attains the Customer’s strategic objectives.
· Works closely with the Solution Architect, as well as directly with the Customer, in confirming solution requirements and leading subsequent technical delivery efforts
· Drives configuration and testing activities of the Siemens solution
· Perform detailed analysis of Customer data and design, implement associated data pipelines
· Manages technical risks to effective and efficient mitigation strategies
· Stays current and knowledgeable to market technology ensuring most effective and efficient solutions for Siemens Customers
· Be an active participant with internal process improvement leading to a more efficient implementation process and the best possible Customer experience
· Support creation of customer-specific Statement of Work (SOW) as needed
Competencies & Capabilities:
· Ability to drive technical integration projects to successful outcomes working through business, technical and people challenges
· Understanding of data platforms, the varying complexities of aggregating both clinical and claims data from different technology stacks
· 3+ Years of experience with HL7 Interface Integration
· Experience with DICOM is highly desired
· Experience with integration engines likeIntelligo, Cloverleaf, OpenLink, Corepoint
· Working knowledge of SQL database structures and queries
· Programming experience with high level applications
· Understanding of general medical terminology
· Understanding of the patient encounter life-cycle from patient registration through discharge
· Self-starter, self-motivated, high level of initiative within a fast-paced, constantly evolving Healthcare environment
· Result focused, ability to solve complex problems and resolve conflicts in a timely manner
· Effective written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to work effectively both under minimal supervision and in close contact with teammates and/or Customers
· Entrepreneurial spirit, passion for Digital Health Services
· Ability to travel to Customer sites (up to 10%)
Experience & Education:
· BS in computer science, engineering or related field
· 3+ years within the Healthcare technology implementation, integration and/or technical support domain
· Population Health experience preferred; knowledge is required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .