Siemens Data Analysis and Simulation Professional (Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems) in Berkeley, California
Data Analysis and Simulation Professional (Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems)
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Digital Factory (DF)
Requisition Number: 230030
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
DF FA US Data Analysis and Simulation Professional
(Artificial Intelligence & Autonomous Systems)
This position performs analysis, development, testing and implementation of new technologies in proof of concepts and collaborates with customers to define specifications. The position creates artificial intelligence and autonomous systems technologies both at the Field/Edge level and in the MindSphere cloud. Moreover, the position contributes to the requirement definition of technologies, product, systems, solutions and services. Algorithms are developed jointly with an AI Expert or implemented from technical papers. Additionally, the position develops hypotheses and analytical models, evaluates alternatives and identifies most promising resolutions. Finally, the position documents and reports results of the evaluated technology.
This is a position within a new agile DF FA US team that reports to a local manager with dotted line to DF FA TIP SAT “System Architecture & Technology”.
· Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver solutions.
· Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of product components.
· Evaluate novel Technologies towards their fit to the future Siemens Factory Automation Portfolio.
· Apply our technology to real-world problems in industry.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics required.
· 5+ years of practical background in Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems, Signal Processing, Physics and Optimization required.
· Graduate research, fellowship or internship experience in signal processing in acoustics, condition based monitoring or industrial image processing.
· Good knowledge of tools and languages typically used to support simulation (incl. C/C++, Matlab, Labview etc.)
· Background in machine learning, Tensorflow and Python
· Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English a must.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge of the SIMATIC portfolio, automation programming environment and concepts.
· Previous experience in technical role with Knowledge of the Siemens organization.
· Development experience on edge devices such as Arduinos is a plus.
· Knowledge or previous involvement writing funding proposals for research grants a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .