Siemens Service Project Manager - Building Automation / HVAC Controls in Bellevue, Washington
Service Project Manager - Building Automation / HVAC Controls
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 227442
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operation Manager, this position primarily responsible for managing larger, more complex jobs or multiple projects (system project migrations, system integration between multiple BAS systems and PLC systems, energy savings projects) from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· Participates in pre-bid reviews, on-board pre-job walks and scoping, and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes available site documentation, plans, construction and contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Participates in on-site project management as necessary to monitor progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field.
· 2+ years previous project management experience required.
· Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations, excellent contracting skills, an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects, strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree or industry experience preferred.
· Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (preferred but not required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .